- Born in Staten Island, raised in the Bronx, lived in Brooklyn in the '70s, Manhattan in the '80s and been in Queens for 35 years. Licensed tour guide since 1996. Certified GANYC member.
- Want to know more about Queens, but don't want to go it alone? Take my Queens 101 tour - learn all about Queens by walking the streets of Elmhurst - and learn why it's the borough of choice for people from 180 different countries.
- Do you remember the World's Fair? Learn the history of Robert Moses' pet project, and how it almost became Disneyland East! From the "Valley of Ashes" to the U.S. Open, this tour of the City's second-largest park will bring a new appreciation for what it has to offer.
- Did you know there was an almshouse on the site of the current Tweed Courthouse? Did you know the City of New York had a professional whipper on its payroll? Would you like to see the "perp walk" up close? My 40 years as a court stenographer qualifies me to show you the ropes (as in gallows)! Leave your weapons at the door and take my Civic Center tour.
- As a docent for the Municipal Art Society I've received intensive training on the history of Grand Central Terminal (Not station, where trains pass through, but terminal, where trains terminate) and I give tours several times a month.
- Want to know more about National Mah Jongg League mahjongg? Check out my blog or my rules page - click the Mahjongg tab above. Private lessons available. email@example.com
- Fiction and non-fiction writer - for fun and profit. Check out my author page!
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Licensed tour guide, mahjongg maven, fiction writer.